How to care for your flower arrangement
Not sure how to take care of your flowers?
We understand and want to help you make them last as long as possible. Whether your arrangement is roses or daisies, the same steps apply.
How to care for your fresh cut flowers
1. Flowers should be unwrapped and cared for immediately after receiving them.
2. Fill your sink or pot with 4 to 6 inches of warm water.
3. Place the end of the stems under water
4. With a sharp knife or floral clipper cut 1 inch off the end of the stems at a 45-degree angle. By cutting underwater the flower will immediately start to absorb the water, preventing any air bubbles from forming in the stem.
5. Do not use scissors which can crush the stem preventing the flower from being able to draw water.
6. Fill a clean, deep vase with warm water and the amount of floral preservatives indicated on the packet instructions.
7. If you do not have a floral preservative add 1/8th of a teaspoon of regular bleach per liter of water in your vase.
8. Remove any leaves that will be underwater in your vase. Submerged leaves decay adding harmful bacteria to the water.
9. Now you are ready to place your roses in your vase.
10. The warmer the room, the shorter the vase life of the flowers. For a longer vase life, place flowers in a cool place, away from direct sunlight, radiators, heat vents, drafts, and fresh fruit.
11. For maximum longevity change the water in your vase every day.
If you have any other questions or would like more info, give us a call at 518-357-3113.